Set your AC up now, for success next season
Summer may be wrapping up, but the heat is still going strong! It makes sense that you may not be thinking about preparing to power down your AC just yet. Fall temperatures will be here before we know it, though, and you’ll want to begin prepping your air conditioner to weather the winter and be raring to go for next summer. Read on to learn some of our top tips for caring for your AC as summer comes to a close.
Top 5 tips to ready your AC for hibernation
You remember the old adage – don’t leave for tomorrow what can be done today! The cliché doesn’t always hold true, but it’s good advice when you’re considering “winterizing” your AC as summer winds down.
- Change your air filters: Initially, it may not seem like a big deal. Who cares if the air filter is dirty or clean when it isn’t even in use? Can’t you just change it when next summer rolls around? Sure, you could – but then that dirty, obstructed filter has a pathway to your ductwork for months on end. If you have central air, your heater likely shares the same HVAC ductwork as your AC, and some of that air passes through regardless of whether you are heating or cooling your home. Protect your system from getting gunky by putting a clean filter in now.
We have partnered with a great company that makes it convenient to purchase and change your air filters. New Filters Plus is an e-commerce company with convenient online ordering and delivery of one-inch, two-inch, and four-inch pleated replacement air filters. Order your replacement HVAC filters today, use the promo code RUCCI and get one FREE filter with your order.
- Give your home a good dusting: End-of-summer or early-fall cleaning can be just as important as their more famous – or infamous? -cousin, spring cleaning! That’s because, during the period when folks use their AC less, they also open their windows more, letting in outside pollutants and allergens. When you decide you’re done opening windows for the year, be sure to dust and wipe down your windowsills, in particular, so you aren’t circulating old pollen, mold spores, dust, germs, and other airborne allergens and contaminants throughout your home all winter.
- Clean your AC condenser: This is a simple task that too often gets neglected because it sounds intimidating. All you need to do is brush the unit off with a broom, and sweep away any twigs, grass or other debris, then follow up by spraying the condenser with the hose to loosen and wash away collected dirt from the fan, grates, and other components.
- Inspect your AC unit: You don’t have to be an expert to look your system over for anything that seems loose, rusted, missing or in disrepair. If something stands out to you, it’s worth having it assessed for possible repair when you won’t be sweltering without your AC running.
- Schedule your maintenance appointment now: It’s never too early to get on your favorite technician’s schedule for next spring! You’ll thank “springtime you.” Contact us today! Rucci has long been recognized as one of the top air conditioning contractors in Staten Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bayonne, and Jersey City.
Rucci has your comfort covered, whatever the season
Whatever comfort or fuel needs you have for your home or business, Rucci is ready to help. Service is what it’s all about—and what we’ve been about since our founding.
If you’re looking for a reliable heating oil and HVAC company, please contact us to become a customer, and we’ll show you our smart solutions for staying comfortable—and for saving money on energy all year round.