Warning: Undefined variable $print in /home/customer/www/ruccioil.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/ruccioil/functions.php on line 214
Mini-split air conditioners (also called ductless air conditioners) are some of the most efficient cooling options available today – but they’ll only stay that way if you maintain them properly.
While you’ll want to leave most routine A/C maintenance to a professional, there are some steps you can take to keep your ductless system functioning properly.
6 Ductless Home Cooling Tips
1. Keep the outside clean Accumulated dust and debris can cause big problems for your mini-split system. Include your A/C in your weekly dusting routine – simply wipe it down with a damp cloth. Also make sure that outdoor vents are free from blockages.
Dependable Friendly Quality
Need help with A/C? Call us or fill out the form below.
2. Give the unit space Although ductless air conditioners need less space than central air conditioners, they still work best if you give them plenty of room to operate. Try to keep space between the unit and furniture or art, which can gather efficiency-depriving dust. Try to give your mini-split system at least four feet of surrounding space in every direction.
3. Clean or replace filters Clogged filters can reduce the efficiency of your ductless system by as much as 20 percent! Follow manufacturer’s instructions for maintaining your filters, and make sure you clean or replace them at least once a month during the summer.
4. Clean the coil and condenser The outside portion of your mini-split system needs TLC, too. Keep it free of dirt and debris – just make sure all components are powered off before you start your cleanup! You scan use a simple garden hose to spray the unit (just watch the pressure), then dust off any final debris by hand.
5. Monitor the pipes The pipes that let cold (or warm) air into your home can gather dirt and dust, too. Pipes can also develop leaks. Keep an eye on your pipes from time to time – when you clean your filters, for example.
6. Call in the Pros Most routine maintenance is best left to professionals. Annual tune-ups (included in our A/C Priority Plan) give technicians a chance to look for hose blockages, identify refrigerant leaks, investigate electrical issues, and more – actions that can help you avoid costly repairs later.
Keep your mini-split system running great and avoid costly repairs with routine maintenance. Contact us today.